Online grocer Ocado has become the first UK supermarket to launch an app for the Amazon Alexa voice-controlled assistant
The app features a variety of functions enabling customers to:
• Add a product to an existing order or basket
• Find out which products are currently in season and ways to include them in recipes
• Check an existing order or basket to see if a certain product has already been added
• Keep track of an order by asking “Where’s my order?”
• Confirm the time until which an existing order can be amended
Consumers can shop online via the Ocado.com webshop, the iOS, watchOS or Android mobile apps or by simply using their voice.
Customers can now download the app from their Amazon accounts.
Lawrence Hene, marketing and commercial director at Ocado
, said: “Grocery shopping should be quick, easy and convenient. Using voice technology, we’ve made it even easier by developing our new app that will enable our customers to add to their Ocado baskets without lifting a finger.”